Drum Dried Botanical Powders & Extracts
Drum Dried Nutraceutical Powders & Extracts
Explore our top-tier range of drum dried botanical powders and extracts, specifically crafted to meet the stringent demands of manufacturers and distributors in the health, nutraceutical and beauty industries. Enhance your product offerings with our high-quality, sustainably sourced ingredients, ideal for nutritional supplements, functional foods, beverage formulations and cosmetics. Partner with us to elevate your brand and deliver exceptional value to your clients in the thriving health and wellness market.
Drum dried botanical powders: The ultimate solution for nutrient-rich, shelf-stable, and cost-effective natural ingredients - Discover how drum dried botanical powders preserve the potency and nutritional value of plant-based extracts while offering exceptional versatility, ease of incorporation, and reduced transportation costs, making them the smart choice for businesses in the health, wellness, and food industries.
Which of the following is an advantage found in the drum drying of foods?
The drum-dried process is a widely used method for drying and preserving various liquid and semi-solid materials, including botanical powders and extracts. This process offers several advantages, such as nutrient preservation, shelf stability, and ease of use in various applications. Here's an overview of how the drum-drying process works:
- Preparation: The raw materials, such as fruits, vegetables, or botanical extracts, are first prepared by cleaning, sorting, and grinding them into a fine pulp or slurry. This slurry is then homogenized to ensure consistent texture and quality.
- Feeding: The prepared slurry is carefully fed onto the surface of large, heated rotating drums. These drums are typically made of stainless steel or chrome-plated materials, ensuring even heat distribution and adherence to strict hygiene standards.
- Drying: As the drums rotate, the slurry spreads across their surface, forming a thin, even layer. The heat from the drums evaporates the moisture content in the slurry, leaving behind a dry, thin film of the desired product. The drying temperature and drum speed are carefully controlled to optimize the drying process and preserve the nutritional properties of the materials.
- Scraping: Once the thin film is dry, it is carefully scraped off the drum surface using a stationary knife or blade. The resulting product is a thin, flaky sheet, which can then be milled into a fine powder or further processed, depending on the desired end product.
- Packaging and storage: The drum-dried powder is then packaged and stored under controlled conditions to maintain its quality and shelf life.
The drum-drying process is particularly suitable for heat-sensitive materials, as it allows for quick drying at relatively low temperatures, thus preserving the nutritional content and overall quality of the final product. Additionally, drum-dried powders are lightweight, easy to transport, and can be effortlessly incorporated into various product formulations, making them an attractive option for businesses in the health, wellness, and food industries.